Time to discuss changing careers
Join Powell River author Linda Wegner as she discusses her book 3D Success: Changing Careers in Mid Life this Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
If you’re between the ages of 45 and 64 and you’ve got a well padded resume, it only seems logical that a new employer will see you as the answer to his or her employee prayers. After all, your acquired wisdom, work experience, skills and abilities are
valuable; you’re also probably highly motivated because you’ve got reasons why you’re looking for a new career.
Known by the term “middle age unemployment bulge” your reason(s) for changing careers may include:
• You’ve been laid off because of corporate or company downsizing.
• You’ve gone as far as you can or want in your current work.
• You’re dealing with health issues or physical limitations.
• You’ve decided it’s time to follow a personal or employment “dream.”
• You want to create a work schedule that allows for a “life for yourself.”
• You’re planning or nearing retirement and your finances need some help.
Whatever the reason, encouragement in the process of moving forward can be found in Linda’s story.
For more information, drop by the Courtenay library at 300 Sixth St. or call 250-334-3369, ext. 2. This is a free program and all are welcome.
— Courtenay Library