News

Unoccupied Courtenay home burns early Monday morning

AN UNOCCUPIED HOME on McIntyre Avenue burned Monday. - Sarah Seads
AN UNOCCUPIED HOME on McIntyre Avenue burned Monday.
— image credit: Sarah Seads

An early-morning blaze Monday burned through an unoccupied house on McIntyre Avenue in Courtenay, quickly spreading throughout the home by the time firefighters arrived on scene.
Courtenay fire chief Don Bardonnex confirmed the department received a call around 5:25 a.m.
The fire, which began in the basement, rapidly progressed upstairs by the time the truck arrived, he said.
Although the house did not have anyone living in it at the time, a resident did have some items in the house. There are no injuries, and the fire is under investigation, added Bardonnex.
photos@comoxvalleyrecord.com

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

You might like ...

Snow to Surf race seeks volunteers, youth teams
 
Families enjoy guy show, hatchery open house
 
MARS: Snow geese population adapting and thriving
Lambrick Park student makes curling Team BC
 
Lions, Gryphons will duel for city soccer championship
 
Royals top Cougars, extend win streak to five
Redemption for Spartan Rugby players vs. the Cowican Bulldogs
 
Sooke beat Fusion in Richmond
 
Bronze Gloves in Parksville has a great ring to it

Community Events, October 2014

Add an Event

Read the latest eEdition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Oct 21 edition online now. Browse the archives.