High-risk sex offender being released into Comox Valley
Comox Valley RCMP are alerting the public about a high-risk sex offender who is returning to live in the area.
Thursday, police issued a statement that Adrian Julian Wilson will be released from a federal corrections institution Friday.
They describe Wilson as an aboriginal male, five-feet, six inches tall and weights 170 pounds. He has brown hair and brown eyes.
Wilson has a criminal record that includes robbery and sex related offences. His criminal history includes offences against both adult males and females.
Wilson is bound by a recognizance of bail. He is being supervised by the Courtenay probation office and is being monitored by Comox Valley RCMP.
Wilson must abide by various court-ordered conditions upon his release including:
• To keep the peace and be of good behaviour.
• To have no contact, direct or indirect, with any of the victims of offences for which he has been convicted or any known members of their immediate families.
• To not attend within 300 metres of any known residence, place of employment or educations facility of any of the victims of offences for which he has been convicted or any known members of their immediate families.
• He must immediately advise the bail supervisor of any sexual, intimate, familiar or familial relationship with a male or female person, and refrain from continuing with that relationship until that male or female person has been advised of his criminal record in the presence of the bail supervisor.
• He shall not possess any knives except for the immediate preparation and consumption of food.
• He shall not possess, own or carry any weapon and any related authorizations, licences and registration certificates, nor any imitation firearm.
• He shall not consume or possess alcohol or any controlled substances as listed in the Controlled Drug and Substances Act excluding prescription medication.
• He shall not enter any liquor store, beer and/or wine store, or business whose primary purpose is the sale or distribution of alcoholic beverages.
• He shall provide the make, model, colour and licence number of any vehicle to which he has access to his bail supervisor.
Wilson must abide by these court-ordered conditions of his release. RCMP note if anyone observes Wilson in violation on any of the above conditions, to not approach him and contact Comox Valley RCMP at 250-338-1321.
— Comox Valley RCMP