Twelve honoured with Comox Valley Annual Community Awards
The head of Comox Valley Ground Search and Rescue, and the Mount Washington Alpine Resort received the prestigious Citizen of the Year and Business of the Year honours in the Annual Community Awards.
Paul Berry received the Citizen of the Year Award on Saturday night in a gala affair at the Florence Filberg Centre in Courtenay, while the resort was named Business of the Year.
In other Categories:
• Customer Service — Dawn McRae (Custom Gourmet Catering);
• Heritage Recognition — Comox Valley Rotary Clubs;
• Environmental Initiative — Courtenay & District Fish and Game Protective Association;
• Recycling Recognition — The Green Room;
• Agricultural Business of the Year — Ironwood Farm;
• Professional Merit — Philip Round;
• New Business of the Year — Blue Toque Sports Shop;
• Small Business of the Year — Appletree Market;
• Business of the Year — Mount Washington Alpine Resort;
• Local Hero — Steve White;
• Citizen of the Year — Paul Berry;
• George Muir Memorial President's Award — Andrew McMillan.
For details and more photos, see the Feb. 1 issue of the Comox Valley Record.