Provincial gaming grants awarded to seven Comox Valley groups
Seven Comox Valley community groups are benefiting from a total of $141,500 in the latest round of gaming grants released by the provincial government.
• Comox Valley Hospice Society ($66,000);
• Baynes Sound Lions Club ($17,000);
• Rotary Club of Strathcona Sunrise ($14,000);
• Shrine Club No. 5 – Comox Valley ($17,000);
• Rotary Club of Comox ($7,000)
• Cumberland Community Schools Society ($16,000);
• Scouts Canada – Third Courtenay ($4,500).
Across British Columbia, 248 recipients will share more than $8 million in the latest batch of grants from provincial gaming revenue.
Grant recipients offer programs in the areas of sports, arts and culture, public safety, environment, human and social services, and parent advisory and district parent advisory councils.
Over 6,000 community groups across B.C. have benefited from these funds so far.
Full application information for B.C. Community Gaming Grants is available at www.pssg.gov.bc.ca/gaming/grants/forms-guidelines.htm.
— B.C. Government Caucus Communications