Regional district receives VIHA funding
The Comox Valley Regional District is to receive $300,000 from the Vancouver Island Health Authority for initiatives to address homelessness and to support healthy communities.
VIHA has provided one-time funding grants to six other districts and the Greater Victoria Coalition to End Homelessness. Each amount is based on need, and a review of resources and services in communities.
“Adequate and safe housing for those who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a key first step in providing individuals with health, mental health and/or addictions services,” VIHA board chair Don Hubbard said in a news release.
One-time grant funding allocations provided to regional districts and to the coalition for community homelessness and healthy communities initiatives are as follows:
• Strathcona Regional District $300,000
• Comox Valley Regional District $300,000
• Regional District of Nanaimo $340,000
• Alberni-Clayoquot Regional District $805,000
• Cowichan Valley Regional District $580,000
• Capital Regional District $150,000
• Mount Waddington Regional District $725,000
• Greater Victoria Coalition to End Homelessness $200,000.