- 2015 Federal Election
Funds paying for Comox Valley road resurfacing
A contract worth almost $400,000 has been awarded to resurface approximately two kilometres of Clarkson Avenue, between Miracle Beach Road and Maple Drive in the Comox Valley.
Why this matters:
• In addition to serving local residents and businesses in the Comox Valley, this road is used by many visitors who come to enjoy this special resort area of Vancouver Island and Miracle Beach Provincial Park.
• Timely resurfacing increases safety and ride comfort by reducing cracks and potholes, while extending the life of the road at minimal costs.
• Improved roads also reduce maintenance costs by preventing water infiltration.
• The $397,025 contract was awarded to O.K. Industries in Courtenay. The project is expected to be completed in mid-May 2012.
• This project builds on the nearly $135 million invested to maintain and improve roads, bridges and other infrastructure in the Comox Valley since 2001.
— Government of B.C.