- 2015 Federal Election
Judges poring over Comox Valley Community Awards nominations
After the final flurry of nominations poured in, the Comox Valley Chamber of Commerce ended up with close to 50 nominations for its annual Community Awards.
Five volunteer judges will spend much of this weekend poring over nomination packages to choose the award recipients.
The judges are:
• Susan Auchterlonie, North Island College Foundation;
• Fred Bigelow, CEO Comox Valley Airport Commission;
• McKenzie Gartside, Top 40 Award recipient and Verico Select Mortgages;
• Bob Scales, chair, CV Chamber of Commerce;
• Joe Smith, artist and former Chamber chair.
There will be three finalists in each of the 11 award categories and, in the days leading up to the gala awards celebration, videographer Daniel Kooman will visit each of the nominees to film an Academy Awards-style video presentation to showcase each business or individual. The video will be shown on awards night and later posted on the Chamber website.
Tickets to this year's gala Jan. 26 at the Florence Filberg Centre are already half sold. Order tickets online at www.comoxvalleychamber.com/news-events.
— Comox Valley Chamber of Commerce