CVRD installs 10 new bike racks in locations throughout the district
The Comox Valley Regional District (CVRD) has worked with organizations and businesses in the three electoral areas of the region to install bike racks in 10 locations, for the convenience and security of cyclists.
The racks, which have three different design types, are located at the following locations:
• Fanny Bay – general store/gas station
• Buckley Bay – general store/gas station (at ferry terminal)
• Union Bay – post office
• Union Bay – Community Hall
• Royston – Backstreet Pub
• Top of Ryan Rd. – Goods Groceries
• Top of Ryan Rd. – Red Wagon café
• Merville – general store
• Royston – Royston Roasting Company
• Black Creek – Community Hall
“When cyclists are now travelling through our rural areas, they can find racks in 10 spots, where they can securely fasten their bikes while they have a rest, or grab a coffee and a snack,” said Edwin Grieve, CVRD board chair.
The bike racks were provided in partnership between the Comox Valley Regional District and the business or organization which provided the space to locate the rack as part of a program to encourage cycling.
Funding for the racks was provided by the Gas Tax Agreement from the Government of Canada.