Dawg Days of Summer at St. Joe's
On Friday, Aug. 29 St. Joseph's General Hospital hosts its first Annual Dawg Days of Summer Event. Hospital staff, physicians and volunteers are encouraged to bring their hound and have some fun!
To many of us, our dogs are a big part of our lives. This event is a novel and enjoyable way to celebrate our furry family members and the waning days of summer…and to come together to have some fun.
When: Friday August 29th 11:00 am to 1:00 pm (rain or shine)
Where: Convene on the grassy area below the Healing Gardens outside the Cafeteria
What: Blessing of the Dogs
Parade to the front of The Views, around the hospital and return to the Healing Gardens area
Contests with wonderful prize baskets (judging and prizes by the residents of The Views)
• Best Costume
• Happiest Dog
• Best Look Alike (dog and owner!)
• Special dog themed Cafeteria lunch menu (hot dogs anyone??)
• Dog themed music (How much is that doggy in the window – arf, arf!)
• Parade (led by our wonderful St. Joe’s Pacific Assistance Dog Society (PADS) and St. John's Ambulance Service Dogs)
Donations received through this event will be directed to our wonderful supporters at the Pacific Assistance Dog Society (PADS), St. John's Ambulance Service Dogs and the SPCA. These organizations arrange and support the visiting pets for our residents at The Views.
Basics to remember (for anyone bringing a dog)
- Vaccinations must be up to date
- Dogs must be well socialized for this type of event – comfortable in a large gathering, get along well with other dogs and people
- Leashed at all times
- Owners responsible for cleaning up after their pets – please bring bags with you
- Dogs must remain outside at all times – cannot come into the buildings
- We ask that the dogs be kept out of the Healing Garden
- Water will be available for the dogs (owners, please bring your own water bottle!)