Gun, drugs seized in Comox Valley arrest
The Comox Valley RCMP Drug Section and Crime Reduction Unit recently teamed up for an investigation that netted the arrest of two people and resulted in drugs and a gun being seized.
On Jan. 25, after a traffic stop in Courtenay, the Comox Valley RCMP Drug Section seized a quantity of suspected cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine, GHB (commonly referred to as a date rape drug), marijuana and cash. Several weapons, including a handgun and ammunition were also located.
A 25-year-old man, Malachi Lee, and a 23-year-old woman, Randi Butts, were held in custody and made a first court appearance on Feb. 2.
Lee and Butts are facing a list of charges including:
– possession for the Purpose of trafficking cocaine;
– possession for the Purpose of trafficking heroin;
– possession for the Purpose of trafficking methamphetamine;
– possession for the Purpose of trafficking hydroxybutanoic acid (GHB), and;
– possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm with ammunition.
“Once again, we had our units working together, and getting results,” said Cst. Rob Gardner, media relations officer for the Comox Valley RCMP. “Getting these drugs, and a gun off our streets is a great move towards a safer community.”