Linda Maier

Maier – Linda

(formerly Kaupe)

Mar 1, 1954 – June 27, 2005


Linda passed away peacefully

in Queen’s Park Care Centre in New Westminster, BC, after a courageous battle against a terminal brain illness. Her last month spent in hospital was accompanied with constant care and devotion from many family members and close friends who expressed hope, love and affection through visits, cards, flowers, music and prayers. We extend heartfelt thanks to all of you. She is survived and will be dearly missed by many loving family members which include; her two children, Christel and Edmund; her mother, Elsa; her siblings, Alfred (Inge), Albert (Judy), Hertha (Harry), Edmund (Sheila), Rosa (Henk), as well as her aunts, nieces, nephews and cousins and their respective families.

Linda was born in Comox and resided in Black Creek since 1954. Music was Linda’s life. She enjoyed life to the fullest, time spent with family and friends and treasured fond memories of her involvement in Faith Lutheran Church, in music and in the local community. Linda was a woman who loved new endeavors and novel experiences. Among her favourite pasttimes were gardening, golfing, dancing, cooking and vacationing. Linda deeply touched the lives of those around her and will be sadly missed.

In lieu of flowers, the family asks that you please consider donations to a bursary fund administered by the Registered Teacher’s Association to be established in memory of Linda to help futher her passion for music, this to be given to a deserving piano student from the Comox Valley and Campbell River area. Donations can be made at the Bank of Nova Scotia, Courtenay Branch or at the funeral service OR ALTERNATIVELY donations for the NEW HOSPICE, Queens Park Care Unit (specifying furnishings), ATTN: Jan Thomas, Manager, 315 McBridge Blvd., New Westminster, BC V3L5E8, where Linda and family received above exceptional care and attention. Funeral services are provided by Comox Valley Funeral Home 334-0707. A Service of Commendation and Celebration will be held Saturday, July 9, 2005 at 1:00 at St. George’s United Church of Canada in Courtenay with interment to follow at Mission Hill Cemetery with luncheon to follow at the St. Georges parish hall provided by LWML (ladies organization) of FAITH LUTHERAN CHURCH.