Organizers of the 13th Annual Vancouver Island Business Excellence Awards are anticipating a last minute push before the Nov. 15 deadline for nominations for the popular event celebrating the best of Vancouver Island business. It will be held Jan. 24 at the Vancouver Island Conference Centre in Nanaimo.
“The Business Excellence Awards has been a ‘can’t miss’ date on the calendar of events on Vancouver Island since our very first one in 1999,” says event founder Mark MacDonald, publisher of the Business Examiner and Business Vancouver Island newspapers. “It’s all about celebrating some of the good news about Vancouver Island companies and businesses.”
There will be 17 categories in this year’s event, which continues its tradition of rotating back and forth from a location north of the Malahat, to Greater Victoria.
The categories are:
• Automotive Business of the Year
• Business of the Year (Over 50 employees)
• Community Leader of the Year
• Construction/Development Company of the Year
• Insurance/Financial Services
• Manufacturer of the Year
• Professional Company of the Year
• Real Estate Company of the Year
• Entrepreneur of the Year
• Forestry/Wood Products Company of the Year
• Health Company of the Year
• Hospitality/Tourism Business of the Year
• Retailer of the Year
• Small Business of the Year (Under 50 Employees)
• Technology Business of the Year
• The Going Green Award
• Trades Company of the Year
For further information about the event, contact MacDonald at 250-758-2684.
To nominate a business, go to: www.businessvi.ca/events, then 2012 Vancouver Island Business Excellence Awards and download a nomination form.