The Comox Business in Action (BIA) hosts its annual Mayor Tree Lighting and Winter Market on Friday Nov. 24, 3-7 p.m. The event is a community favourite that brings magic to the streets and businesses of downtown Comox to help kick off the beginning of the holiday season.
Event highlights include:
• The lighting of the tree by Mayor Minions at 5:15 p.m., Town Circle (Comox Avenue and Port Augusta Street)
• The Comox Wives Choir will be caroling at 5:45 p.m.
• Winter Market: 20 + market vendors on Comox Avenue from 3-7 p.m.
• Local merchants offering specials and later night shopping until 7 p.m.
• Popcorn by donation from Rotary
• Hot Chocolate by donation from Salvation Army
• Revelry Photo Booth - sponsored by The Mill Coffee will be set up right outside their coffee shop
• Santa’s coming! His station, designed by the All in One Party Shop and Jam & Co, will be set up just beside the Town Circle
• The event’s titled sponsor is Harbourview Dental Centre, with support as well from the Comox Valley Airport, The Mill Coffee, and the Town of Comox.
The Town of Comox is ready to light up the downtown with the beautiful snowflake lights that line the streets and install the Christmas tree that was constructed by the Town team to replace using live trees annually in the Town Circle.
The BIA has hosted winter events annually since it was established in 2000 as a way to encourage residents and visitors to experience downtown at this special time of year and get to know BIA member businesses.
“We have an incredible range of amazing family-owned businesses in downtown Comox,” said Peter Chambers, Comox BIA president. “From unique retail boutiques and top-notch restaurants, cafes and breweries, to a depth of service providers – Comox is a fantastic place to celebrate at this time of year. On behalf of the BIA Board and our members, we extend our thanks to all those who choose to spend their time in downtown and to the sponsors and partner businesses for their support.”
For more information visit downtowncomox.com/events