Job seekers, parents, educators and employers in British Columbia now have more tools and information to help them explore career options, find jobs, improve skills and connect with talented employees, thanks to the launch of the enhanced WorkBC.ca website.
People looking for work can access a new labour market navigator tool that allows them to explore opportunities by region or industry, and a new online video series, called Career Trek, provides in-depth profiles on a variety of in-demand careers.
In addition, the entire website has been completely redesigned to improve navigation and search functions, as well as accommodate mobile devices.
WorkBC.ca also provides B.C. employers with information to help support and grow their business, as well as find employees through free job postings.
As the single access point for all B.C. government employment and skills training information, programs and services, WorkBC.ca continues to provide:
• Access to over 500 detailed career profiles;
• One of the most comprehensive databases of jobs in B.C.;
• Career tools and videos that provide essential labour market information and bring occupations to life;
• A blog featuring trends, job search tips, employment programs and more;
• An interactive map of WorkBC Employment Services Centres across the province;
• Live chat for help with using the website and finding information; and
• Tools for parents and educators to assist youth in making career and training decisions.
Launched in 2012, WorkBC.ca is already one of the most frequently visited government websites, with approximately 750,000 visits per month. In 2012, the site served over 2.7 million clients.
“Government is committed to providing up-to-date labour market information and services to help British Columbians explore career options, find jobs and improve their skills,” said Minister of Jobs, Tourism and Skills Training and Responsible for Labour Shirley Bond. “As the primary source of employment information in the province, the revamped WorkBC website is a critical tool to help British Columbians succeed in this growing economy.”
• WorkBC.ca is the primary source for online labour market information and tools in B.C., and is a key initiative of the B.C. Jobs Plan.
• WorkBC.ca supports a job search database that includes over 2,000 new postings per month and 10,000 vacancies provincewide.
• Over 77,000 jobs have been posted from over 20,000 registered employers since 2012.
Learn more at www.workbc.ca and www.bcjobsplan.ca.
— Ministry of Jobs, Tourism and Skills Training and Responsible for Labour