Courtenay Canada Day celebrations in and around Lewis Park and Downtown Courtenay are just around the corner. This year Courtenay’s Canada Day features great performers, YANA Dunk Tank, a three story inflatable slide plus other bouncers, 19 Wing glider and robot display, 4H Petting Zoo and more. New this year is Comox Valley Arts: Try It where the public is invited to come explore a variety of art media and test skills at a DJ Booth.
July 1st Schedule Highlights:
Sunday, June 30
• Night Before Concert: Lewis Park, 3:30–10 p.m., with headline performers The Boom Booms at 8:30 p.m.
Monday, July 1
• Kin Club Pancake Breakfast: Corner of 5th Street and England Avenue, 7–11 a.m.
• 5th Street Mile Fun Run: Register at 5th Street & Woods Avenue from 8– 9 a.m.
• Canada Day Parade: 5th Street, 10 a.m.
• Mainstage Live Music: Anela Kahimoe & Luke Blu Guthrie, 10:30 a.m.
• Kids Zone: Simms Park, 11 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
• Comox Valley Arts, Try It!: 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
• Opening Ceremony: Lewis Park, noon
• Cake Cutting: Lewis Park, 1:30 p.m.
• Mainstage Live Music: Time Well Wasted, 1 p.m.
• Kids Bike Draw: Lewis Stage, 3 p.m.
• Canadian Threads Variety Show: Sid Williams Theatre, 7 p.m.
Check out the City of Courtenay website for all details, schedules and maps for Canada Day: