The Comox Archives and Museum Society (CAMS) is hosting its annual general meeting (AGM) on Saturday, March 14 at 2 p.m.
The AGM is in the Lion’s Den, located on the lower level of 1729 Comox Avenue (behind and below the Comox Museum). It will include consideration of CAMS draft revised bylaws and the election of the new board.
After the short business meeting, there will be a presentation by CAMS president, Pam Moughton.
This presentation is a must for anyone who has walked by St. Peter’s on Church Street and wondered at the origin of the iron crosses in the churchyard.
Through Pam Moughton’s research, featured in British History Magazine, the identity of five British sailors was brought to light. There is now a commemorative plaque, erected in a moving ceremony by CAMS in 2010, which finally honours the lives of these young men. It was through Moughton’s research that a family learnt of what happened to their relative over 100 years ago and this young sailor’s father went to his grave never knowing.
CAMS AGM is open to everyone. Light refreshments will be provided.