Cumberland Council has identified priority focus areas to guide the village through this next year.
“Balancing our existing priorities with emerging matters can be a challenge. Council was able to prioritize some emerging items while staying on track with community priorities established in 2020,” said Mayor Leslie Baird. “I encourage all residents to take a look at the village’s strategic priorities to have an understanding of the overall goals and objectives for the community.”
Key focus areas include:
• Initiatives to address housing affordability and availability
• Protection and enhancement of the natural environment, including the carrying capacity of parks and trails
• Opportunities to address climate change mitigation and adaptation
• Development of the child care space creation project in partnership with School District 71
• The creation of an arts, culture and recreation master plan
• Bevan industrial area development
• Commitment to reconciliation with Indigenous peoples and the United Nations Declaration of Rights of Indigenous Peoples
The Village’s 2020-2023 Strategic Priorities were developed in June 2020 and communicate the priorities of council and the community. The 2020-2023 Strategic Priorities also guide the village’s corporate management and decision-making and allow the co-ordination of adequate resources. The 2020-2023 Strategic Priorities can be found by searching ‘strategic’ at cumberland.ca.
–Village of Cumberland