BEEcoming Candles is partnering with Applebees, Union Street Grill and Yummies and Gyros restaurants by turning off the lights and turning up the ambience, to show how a simple action such as using beeswax candles instead of electricity, can save energy.
The provincewide Candlelight Conservation Dinner, initiated and promoted by BC Hydro Power Smart, and locally by the Comox Valley Chamber, will take place on the evening of Oct. 27.
People dining at Applebees, Union Street Grill and Yummies and Gyros, will enjoy the added benefits of doing so by 100 per cent beeswax candles supplied by BEEcoming Candles.
Additionally, each person who dines at Union Street Grill will take home a free medium Beehive Candle, and all diners will receive a coupon to save money on future candles purchases from BEEcoming Candles.
Beeswax candles are also recommended by BC Hydro to burn indoors, because they do not release toxins into the air that contribute to indoor air pollution. The most commonly used candles are made of paraffin, which is the sludge left over from the refining of petroleum.
When it burns it releases oils and toxins into the air, which according to the Canadian Lung Association, “produces chemicals that are as toxic as second hand smoke.”
BEEcoming Candles’ owner and creator Wanda Crowder, believes that beeswax candles are the perfect candle choice for the dinner not only because using them will conserve energy, but because when they burn they actually help to clean the air and have many other health benefits.
For more information about the BC Hydro Power Smart Candlelight Conservation Dinner, and/or about the benefits of burning beeswax candles, check out the BEEcoming Candles website at www.BeecomingCandles.ca or call Wanda at 250-871-6887.
— BEEcoming Candles