Looking for work?
Want to meet hiring managers?
Wonder about employment opportunities in the Comox Valley?
Then attend the Employment Expo 2015 on Wednesday, Oct. 21, at the Filberg Centre in Courtenay. There are already nearly two dozen employers signed up to take part in the hiring fair, which runs from noon to 4:30 p.m.
This annual event is hosted by The Job Shop, WorkBC centre.
To date, participating employers include:
• BC Construction Association / Skilled Trades Employment Program
• BC Ambulance
• Canadian Forces Morale and Welfare Services
• Canadian Tire
• Coastal Community Credit Union
• Communitas Supportive Care Society
• Comox Valley Airport
• Department of National Defence recruiters
• Discovery Community College
• First Credit Union and Insurance
• Footprints Security
• Holbrook Dyson Logging
• Island Health
• Mt Washington
• North Island College
• RCMP – District Operational Communication Recruiting
• Retirement Concepts
• The Goat
• The Salvation Army
• Vancouver Island Community Connections
• Westerly Hotel
• Western Forest Products
Research the employers you would like to speak to. Tailor your resume. Plan your introduction and questions. Drop into The Job Shop to utilize our self-serve centre or speak to a case manager to explore personalized job search assistance.
When going to the job fair, dress as though you already work there. Approach each employer with a smile, a handshake, patience and enthusiasm. Circulate and visit, you may be surprised at the variety of positions at an organization. After a chat, ask for a business card, so that you can follow up with a letter or email.
Call 250-334-3119 for information.