Get on your broomstick and follow the witches and black cats to the annual Courtenay Halloween Party on Thursday, Oct. 31.
Hosted by Courtenay Recreation in partnership with the Downtown Courtenay Business Improvement Association (DCBIA), this free event is for children 11 years and younger with a caregiver.
The fun starts with events on Duncan Avenue at 3 p.m. and continues with a party at the Lewis Centre from 4:30 – 7 p.m.
Schedule of Downtown Courtenay Halloween Events:
3- 5 p.m. on Duncan Avenue:
· Kids community group photo at 3 p.m. on the Art Gallery steps
· Courtenay Library Books for Treats
· Comox Valley Arts – costume making
· Courtenay Recreation’s cookie decorating table
· Fishing for Treasure by Nootka Marine (corner of 5th Street and Cliffe Avenue)
· Telus Fun Booth
· Courtenay & District Museum – Elasmosaur and Daryl Robbin’s Robbin will in attendance
4:30 – 7 p.m. meet at the Lewis Centre:
Party with our Heroes vs. Monster’s Theme, including a family fun portrait in our photo booth, some spooky Halloween Games with prizes, gooey things, and Witches Brew Café.
5 – 7 p.m. at The LINC Youth Centre (300 Old Island Highway):
The LINC Haunted House features half the fright night for younger visitors. $2 per person or $5 per family.
Drivers, please be patient and alert while hundreds of small costumed characters walk around Downtown Courtenay.
FMI: call (250) 338-5371 or visit courtenay.ca/halloween