The Comox Valley Regional District (CVRD) is committed to ensuring that our Comox Valley Sports Centre and Comox Valley Aquatic Centre are accessible, safe and family-friendly.
“Recently we have experienced increased issues during public events at the Sports and Aquatic Centres and need residents to recognize our commitment to ensure that we are providing a safe, accessible place for everyone to enjoy,” states Comox Valley Recreation Commission chair Melanie McCollum. “As we implement these new procedures we appreciate everyone’s respect and patience.”
Reminders for facility users that any of the following may cause refusal of entry:
• Impairment related to alcohol or drug consumption
• Possession of alcohol, drugs or items deemed to be weapons
• Abusive behaviour or language
• Liquor is not to be consumed anywhere in the facilities, parking lots or surrounding areas.
• No smoking cigarettes, marijuana or vaping outside any facility doors or near air intakes.
• Skateboards, scooters, and bikes are strongly recommended to be left outside or at home. Facility reception staff have bike locks available to lend out, if needed.
• Animals are not permitted inside the facilities (exceptions include guide, sign, and signal dogs to persons with disabilities).
• Abuse, harassment, or discrimination will not be tolerated. Patrons will be escorted out of the facility if there is any fighting, threatening remarks or gestures, or obscene language to others.
For more information visit: www.comoxvalleyrd.ca/recreation