Comox Valley Mental Health and Addiction Services is offering the next series of Wellness Evening Educational classes for people who are interested in learning about common mental health issues.
Participants will learn new skills and gain a
better understanding of how to promote mental and emotional well-being.
Each class is a standalone, so you can attend one or more free sessions depending on your interest. Class size is limited to 15 participants each.
Pre-registration is required due to limited space. Call 250-331-8524 to register.
Topics and dates are:
• Aug. 17 — Beyond the Blues: Depression and Low Mood;
• Aug. 24 — How Our Thinking Styles Affect Mood and Emotions;
• Aug. 31 — Introduction to Mindfulness;
• Sept. 7 — Living with Stress;
• Sept. 14 — Anxiety Disorders;
• Sept. 21 — Assertive Communication;
• Sept. — 28 Self Esteem;
• Oct. 5 — Medications and Mental Health with Dr. Mark Tapper.
Classes will be held Wednesdays from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at the Comox Valley Mental Health and Addiction office at 941C England Ave. in Courtenay.
— Comox Valley Mental Health and Addiction Services