B.C. students pursuing a career in the arts could receive up to $6,000 through the BC Arts Council’s Scholarship Awards, one of several grant programs now open for applications.
Other programs with upcoming deadlines include project assistance for music, dance, theatre, media artists and the literary arts, as well as assistance for arts periodicals.
Project assistance programs with an application deadline of Tuesday, April 18, 2017:
• Arts periodicals – assists arts periodicals not currently receiving BC Arts Council operating assistance that are devoted to the first publication of any form of artistic expression, or social, cultural or intellectual commentary or inquiry.
• Professional arts training – supports arts and cultural training activities, programs and organizations.
• Professional performing arts (music, dance or theatre) – supports the development, creation, production or live performance of classical, experimental, original, traditional and contemporary art forms from all world cultures.
• Professional literary – supports activities in literary arts in British Columbia.
Arts awards with an application deadline of Monday, May 1, 2017:
• Scholarship awards – assists with pre-professional training of outstanding B.C. students with a grant of up to $6,000 per year for studies at the post-secondary level in the arts. Applicants must submit reference letters and a portfolio of recently completed work.
Arts awards with an application deadline of Wednesday, May 31, 2017:
• Project assistance for media artists – supports independent media artists with the creation of specific projects such as works in film, video, audio/sound art and new media.
For information on guidelines and program details, including eligibility, visit bit.ly/2nODwDd
–Government of BC