Music students from Motif Music Studios in Courtenay have received their Royal Conservatory of Music exam marks with outstanding results.
The Royal Conservatory of Music is an internationally renowned music program that provides students with the opportunity to hone their skills with private music instructors and then, if they wish, students can opt to register for exams throughout the year. The RCM is well established, with over 125 years of offering well-rounded music programs for beginners to advanced musicians.
The RCM maintains a very high standard of excellence when marking both practical and theory exams. Students completing these exams must work hard to complete all required elements for each level of study.
Staff and teachers at Motif Music Studios would like to congratulate the following students for their outstanding achievements, and recognize the character that is developed as students strive to complete their own music goals, work through challenges and show discipline in their home studies.
Basic Rudiments: Colin Cameron (Honours), Linnaea Blais (First Class Honours with Distinction), Madison Kelly (First Class Honours with Distinction). • Advanced Rudiments: Kai Schwarz (Honours), Claire Braunberger (First Class Honours), Linda Bizier (First Class Honours with Distinction).
• Introductory Harmony: Nathaniel Young (Honours).
• Basic Harmony: Towa Stewart. Intermediate Harmony: Nathania Schmaling.
• History 1: Dawn Tomashewski (Honours), Towa Stewart (First Class Honours), Nathaniel Young (First Class Honours).
• Intermediate Keyboard Harmony: Towa Stewart (Honours), Torin Halvorson (First Class Honours).
• Grade 1 Piano: Linnaea Blais (First Class Honours).
• Grade 7 Piano: Payton Peterson (First Class Honours).
• Grade 8 Piano: Michael Roberts (First Class Honours), Taeryn Novak (First Class Honours).
• Grade 9 Piano: Dawn Tomashewski (First Class Honours).
• Grade 10 Piano: Nathaniel Young (Honours), Torin Halvorson (First Class Honours).