Comox Valley Arts has announced a new season of studio tours. Twice this year, the public will have the opportunity to visit working studios and discover the incredible breadth and depth of creativity right here in our own Valley.
Registration is now open for artists of all disciplines, throughout Central Vancouver Island, who wish to participate and open their doors to the public. Previous tours have stretched between Oyster River and Parksville.
To be eligible to participate as a studio:
• You must be a current member of the Comox Valley Arts to participate.
• You must have studio space suitable for public entry – a rented space, an outbuilding, a dedicated space in your home
• You must be a “working artist” – meaning, this is your full time profession (even if you have a “day job” to keep the lights on).
• New! Artists who do not have public studios of their own may collaborate with those who do.
• New! Commercial galleries with a minimum of 80 per cent Central Island representation are also eligible to participate this year*.
The tour is not limited to visual arts, although they do dominate the tour. Professional level performing, video, digital and recording arts studios are welcome to participate. The goal is to offer an inside glimpse of how art in all forms is created and of the people who create it.
Registration deadline for the spring tour is Feb. 18. Registration fees start at $90. Full details on website.
Spring tour dates are May 27, 28 and 29.
The tour is promoted as a free, self-guided journey of artistic exploration — and a unique opportunity to purchase original art directly from the artist — throughout Central Vancouver Island.
Comox Valley Arts works hard to cultivate an environment for art appreciation, and to support the local creator community through active promotion, professional development, facilitating access to their work, and growing the exposure of the Comox Valley’s creative reputation.
For complete details and to register as a studio, visit www.comoxvalleyarts.com/studiotours