Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to have one dentist office serving your entire family?
Dr. Leo Johnson and his professional dental team are well-versed in treating patients of all ages, from toddlers to seniors.
“We emphasize good quality family dentistry, where you’ll get the care you need, whether it’s regular hygiene, restorative services or a dental emergency,” says hygienist Allison Damery, a 26-year veteran of the trade who recently returned to the Comox Avenue clinic. “It’s about helping people take care of their smiles, take care of their teeth for a lifetime and helping them feel good about themselves.”
Here’s some ways Dr. Johnson and his staff take care of you and your family:
- No-drill solutions The use of newly approved silver diamine fluoride to prevent smaller cavities from progressing offers an alternative to drilling and filling, especially for children still on their first set of teeth, Allison says. It can be applied as needed and is a painless treatment.
- Sedation available if you need it For some people, dental treatment can cause anxiety. If your fears of the dentist keep you from receiving regular checkups and dental hygiene, the office offers nitrous oxide or oral sedatives to relax you.
- Same-day crown service With their high-tech Cerec milling machine creating your crown, you can be in and out in less than a day, giving you more schedule flexibility.
- Fluoride improvements A new fluoride varnish has replaced the trays that finish off your hygiene appointments. Not only is the varnish more effective, Allison says, you get the benefit for up to two months afterward.
- Combating dry mouth If you happen to be taking multiple medications that leave your mouth dry, there’s products on the market like xylitol-sweetened mints and gum to alleviate that condition. Ask your hygienist or dentist about the options.
- Mobility issues? If you are confined to a wheelchair or have other mobility challenges, it’s not a problem. Dr. Johnson’s office is set up to be fully accessible, allowing you to be treated in their chair or yours.
- Improving your smile, coming soon As an alternative to uncomfortable and limiting metal braces, the office is gearing up to offer easy and painless Invisalign clear plastic alignment shells for straightening your teeth and improving your bite. Ask for more details!
You play a big part in your dental care
Dr. Johnson and his staff are happy to educate you on how to be a key player in your own dental care.
“We’re very much about it being a positive experience for people, creating value for them and empowering them to know their mouth,” Allison says. “It also helps them value what we do and know what they can do themselves at home.”