In just three months, Phil Adams and Rhiannon Dawkins have transformed North Island Medical Mobility from an idea into a thriving family business. With demand, clearly high, for affordable, trustworthy medical mobility consultants in the Comox Valley, the couple continues to come up with creative ways to meet the needs of their clients.
Their latest innovation? The NIMM Care Card, a membership service offering great perks to regular clients.
“We see it as a mix between BCAA and an Amazon Prime membership: priority emergency maintenance that’s easy to access, and discounts on all purchases,” Phil says.
Customers will sign up for a year membership, and pay a small fee each month.
The benefits of a NIMM Care Card:
- Service call discounts: North Island Medical Mobility service calls currently cost $85/hour. Members only pay $60/hour.
- Priority service: NIMM Care Card members jump the line, receiving top priority on maintenance, sales and assessments. Most repairs are completed on the same day.
- 15 per cent off in store: Need spare parts or a new mobility aid? Members get 15 per cent off everything in store! In addition to walkers, scooters, wheelchairs and other mobility aids, North Island Medical Mobility has a wide range of fall prevention equipment for your home.
- Stress-free simplicity: When a member’s scooter gets a flat tire or a low battery, it’s just one simple call to find a solution — no more contacting a dozen stores to try and find help.
- Support local: We all love to support small local businesses! Signing up for the NIMM Care Card helps them help you!
Healthcare, not sales
Before starting North Island Medical Mobility, Phil worked for another medical mobility provider in the area. When Phil and Rhiannon started their own business, they wanted to focus more on service than sales.
“We see ourselves as part of the healthcare network, not sales people,” he says. “Sometimes that means talking someone out of an expensive product because it won’t serve their needs, even though that would be great for us. Often it means encouraging clients to come in for regular maintenance, rather than waiting for a major breakdown.”
“We see it all the time — if they’d come in a month earlier we could’ve fixed the problem by tightening a few screws, but some wait until it’s really broken, and then we have to replace broken parts.”
The membership program will make it easier to pop by for regular maintenance, saving you time and money!
Find North Island Medical Mobility at #6-468 29th St. in Courtenay, or at northislandmedicalmobility.ca. Call today 250-331-5656 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or follow them on Facebook.