After months of promotion, weeks of deliberation and endless hours of organization and planning, the Comox Valley Chamber of Commerce has announced the recipients of their inaugural Top 40 Under 40 Awards.
The final 40 (listed below) will be honoured at a gala cocktail reception and dance Oct. 25 at Crown Isle Resort. A special supplement highlighting each individual’s achievements will be published in the Comox Valley Record on Oct. 24.
“We have been absolutely blown away by the community support of this program,” says Chamber president and CEO Dianne Hawkins. “Despite the fact that completing the nomination forms took considerable time, we received close to 100 submissions. We truly appreciate the effort that these people took to submit nominations in effort to help us recognize so many aspiring entrepreneurs and young professionals in our community.”
The Chamber is also grateful for the generous support it has received from local businesses, including the Comox Valley Record, whose donations of cash and gifts ‘in kind’ have made it possible to orchestrate the awards program.
In addition to honouring the Top 40 Under 40 honorees, the Oct. 25 gala will feature a keynote address by Paralympic champion Michelle Stilwell, the Paisley Bandits dance band and Four Frames Photo Booth.
There will also be appetizers, a no-host bar, and a silent auction. Tickets cost $35+HST. It is expected that this will be a sold-out event, however, a limited number of tickets may still be available on the Chamber’s website. Tickets will not be available at the door.
The Top 40 Under 40 Awards program was launched by the Comox Valley Chamber of Commerce this summer as a way to celebrate the accomplishments of young professionals and youth who are making a difference in the Comox Valley and beyond.
For more information on the Top 40 Under 40 Awards program, visit www.comoxvalleychamber.com or phone 250-334-3234.
2012 Top 40 Under 40 Recipients
(In alphabetical order)
• Landon Aldridge – Terratek Energy Solutions Inc.
• Adil Amlani – SURE Copy Courtenay
• Lara D. Austin – RBC Dominion Securities
• Kim Bannerman-Pigott – Fox & Bee Studio
• Matthew S. Beckett – Coastal Community Financial
• Jeff Beeston – Trail Bicycles
• Matt Behrens – Primetek IT Solutions
• Allison Bligh – Shaw Communcations Inc.
• Keisja Cox – Keisja Cox Music
• Meaghan Cursons – Community Animateur
• Camille Douglas – Wedler Engineering LLP
• Leesa Ferguson – St. Joseph’s General Hospital
• Scott Fleenor – Terratek Energy
• Jonathan Frazier – Atlas Café
• Mackenzie Gartside – Verico Select Mortgage
• Jeremy Grasby – Riding Fool Hostel
• Allyson Hamilton – Pateman & Co.
• Sharon Karsten – Comox Valley Art Gallery
• Daniel Kooman – TransTravel & Unveil Studios Inc.
• Megan Lawrence – Mark R. Isfeld School
• Mike Manara – Mount Washington
• Andrea Martin – MS Society
• Jaime McDowell – Coastal Physiotherapy & Sports Rehab.
• Savannah McKenzie – North Island College Students’ Union
• Chris Nagle – Investors Group Financial Services Inc
• Sasha Nowicki – Nowicki & Rae Law Office
• Ryan Parton – Ryan Parton Writing Solutions
• Scott Petersen – Comox Valley Sports & Social Club
• Keith Pistell – Canadian Tire
• Joe Renooy – MNP LLP
• Delaura Renwall – Daryl Robbins CGA
• Andrew Rice – Rice Toyota Courtenay
• Daryl Robbins – Daryl Robbins CGA & Notary Public
• Cristi L. Sacht – Elemental Energy Advisors Ltd
• Steve Schmidt – Coastal Physiotherapy & Sports Rehab.
• Wendy Stewart – The Medicine Shoppe
• Tim Trottier – Comox Valley Echo
• Stu Tunheim – Budget Blinds
• Bob Wells – My Tech Guys
• Ryan Williams – RE/MAX Ocean Pacific Realty
— Comox Valley Chamber of Commerce