The Comox Valley RCMP’s drug section has had a couple of busy months successfully removing drugs from suspected local drug dealers and requesting criminal charges.
• On Jan. 3, a 24-year-old Courtenay woman was arrested after agreeing to sell cocaine to an undercover police officer. The meeting took place on school property and while the woman had care of her baby girl in a stroller.
The Ministry for Children and Families was also called and are following up on this incident.
• On Jan. 10, an 18-year-old man sold cocaine to an undercover police officer in the Courtenay area. This man was arrested and is facing charges of trafficking. He was released on a Promise to Appear and is due to appear in court at a later date.
• On Jan. 18, Comox Valley RCMP officers observed a known drug dealer selling drugs. The 33-year-old Courtenay man was arrested and found to be in possession of heroin, over $2,100 cash and brass knuckles.
The man was later released with a court date and is facing charges of Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking and Possession of a Prohibited Weapon.
• On Feb. 10, two Courtenay women were arrested for dealing cocaine on Back Road in Courtenay after agreeing to meet with members of the drug section. The 40- and 49-year-old women were released with court dates and will appear at a later date to face charges of Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking.
• A search warrant was executed at a cabin situated in the 4600 block of Headquarters Road in Courtenay on Feb. 20. Police found cocaine, $3,000 worth of prescription pills, marijuana, a crossbow, a rifle, surveillance cameras and $9,000 cash, over half in coin. Two Courtenay men are facing charges in this incident.
Many of these files were successful due in part to the public’s assistance. Please continue to report any suspected criminal activity to the Comox Valley RCMP at 250-338-1321. If you wish to remain anonymous please call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).
— Comox Valley RCMP