Island Health has released an advisory of a COVID-19 outbreak at the Comox Valley Seniors Village.
According to the release, three cases have been identified to date, and the outbreak “is limited to units DF1 and DF2 at this time.”
The cases have been confirmed via PCR testing or follow-up from Island Health’s case and contact management team.
There is no indication of the condition of those who have contracted the disease.
As per policy, the following outbreak response protocols have been implemented at the Village:
• No admissions or transfers to affected units;
• Essential visits can continue in outbreak units and sites;
• Staff movement will be limited wherever possible;
• No congregate dining or group activities for residents of affected units;
• Enhanced cleaning and infection control measures will continue;
• Residents, families and staff are being notified;
• Enhanced screening of all staff and residents for symptoms;
• COVID-19 testing as determined by the Medical Health Officer and Infection Prevention and Control.
During this time, Island Health will support the sites to take any further actions required and answer questions from staff, residents and family members.