Vancouver Island North MP John Duncan was joined by Julian Fantino, Associate Minister of National Defence at 19 Wing Comox Thursday to announce $30 million in infrastructure improvement funding.
In total, eight projects at 19 Wing Comox will be completed at the Wing over the next two years.
The projects include:
• $8 million toward the upgrading of residential housing units;
• $2 million toward the upgrading of on-base military quarters;
• $3.1 million in airfield repairs, including crack sealant, pavement repairs and replacement where required;
• $1.5 million to assess the airfield drainage system;
• $3.6 million to repair and replace the roof of Hangar 7;
* $5.5 million to renovate the interior of Hangar 7, including the removal of encapsulated asbestos;
$3.8 million to replace culverts, drainage basins, and issues related to the Queen’s Ditch (the airfield drainage ditch);
$2.3 million to protect the shoreline of Kye Bay and help to minimize erosion along the bluffs.