The House of Now in downtown Courtenay is hosting a MARS fundraiser to celebrate the opening of its new treatment centre.
The studio has expanded its team of trainers and instructors with the addition of eight therapists.
A wide variety of classes, including somatics, children’s yoga, parent consultations, iridology and sample therapeutic massage treatments (to name a few) will be available by voluntary donation.
All proceeds will go to MARS (Mountainaire Avian Rescue Society) for the installation of a much needed flight pen. The flight pen will be used for the conditioning of large birds of prey to be released back to the wild.
Saturday Nov. 1 workshops and classes include:
• Jade de Trey, Dance with Jade – dance for joy and balance, (11 a.m.)
Sunday, Nov. 2 workshops and classes include:
• 10 a.m. – Sheron Jutila CYT – Yin Yoga
• 11:10 a.m. Our OM 2hands – Kids Yoga
• 12:15 p.m. – Arrow Gonsalves of Heart Drum Beat Yoga – Earth Dance Kigong
• 1:30 p.m. – Katie White RMT of Courtenay Massage Therapy – SomaYoga
• 3 p.m. – Jenn Naples of Nurture Therapies – The Energy of Connection
• 4:15 p.m. Theresa Brulotte of Balanced Being – Heart Meditation
On Sunday, Donna Prather, iridologist, will offer three live demonstrations through the day and will be available at her display table for open discussion through the day.
There are also numerous Sunday consultations and mini treatments available. For a full list of those, visit the website event page at bit.ly/1FKrcaQ or call the event co-ordinator Marny Elliott at 250-218-8702.