The main time to register for a Salvation Army Christmas hamper has passed, although there’s a “last chance” registration Nov. 28 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. at the hamper depot.
Although the timeline got tight to find space to run the program out of this year, a site was secured at the old Kia dealership at 150 Mansfield Dr. in Courtenay, and this is where people can register for a hamper on Wednesday.
The following items are required for hamper registration:
• Identification for applicant (Care Card, Driver’s License, BCID)
• Identification for each family member (Partner &/or all children – care card, birth certificate, etc.)
• Proof of Residence (Utility Bill, Rental Agreement, Phone Bill, etc.)
• Proof of Income (Social Assistance, Disability, EI, Pay Stub, Pension, Bank Statement)
• Proof of Expenses (Bills, Bank Statements, etc.).
— Salvation Army