Charlene Gray, executive co-ordinator for Comox Valley Children’s Day Care Society, received the Kay Britton Mentorship Award at the 44th annual Conference for Early Childhood Educators of BC, held in Richmond.
This provincial award recognizes leaders in the field who inspire and guide other early childhood educators in their professional development.
Gray is an active and highly regarded member of many local committees, which include:
• Early years inter-agency committee
• Comox Valley early years leadership table
• Early years steering committee for School District 71
• North Island College, ECE advisory group
• Comox Valley Child Development Association – ethics committee
Gray is an executive member of the ECEBC and her portfolio has included, among other things, an Ethical Journey guide.
The Ethical Journey promotes ethical practices and attitudes to early care and learning professionals. It is a four-part series that guides participants on a journey of ethical discovery and awareness. Gray has co-facilitated this highly regarded educational series 12 different times all over Vancouver Island.