Tickets are now on sale for the new Vancouver Island WinterBites Festival, a 16-day multi-venue music and winter sports festival in the Comox Valley from Jan. 16 to 31.
“We’ve just signed on Ashley MacIsaac who joins an already stellar lineup that includes iconic names in the International music scene from Chilliwack and Grapes of Wrath, to the sounds of West Africa with Alpha Yaya Diallo,” says Doug Cox, executive producer of Vancouver Island MusicFest. “WinterBites is a great chance for music lovers of many different genres to celebrate with us and enjoy sounds from rock to fiddle, hot acoustic blues to a jazz piano showdown.”
The lineup includes:
· Rockin’ the Filberg – with Chilliwack Thursday, January 16, Florence Filberg Centre
· West African Dance Night – with Alpha Yaya Diallo Friday, January 17, the Best Western Plus the Westerly Hotel & Convention Centre
· Pianorama – with Kenny ‘Blues Boss’ Wayne and David Vest Saturday, January 18, Best Western Plus the Westerly Hotel & Convention Centre
· An Intimate Evening with Barney Bentall Wednesday, January 22 – Crown Isle Resort & Golf Community
· Country, Blues ‘N’ Soul Night with Jim Byrnes and the Sojourners Thursday, January 23, Best Western Plus The Westerly Hotel & Convention Centre
· Rockin’ the Filberg – with The Grapes Of Wrath and Odds Friday, January 24, Florence Filberg Centre
· Ashley MacIsaac, Saturday, January 25, Native Sons Hall
· Acoustic Blues Double Header – with Blind Boy Paxton and Suzie Vinnick Wednesday, January 29, Crown Isle Resort & Golf Community
· Rockabilly Boogie! Dance – with Cousin Harley, Friday January 31, Best Western Plus The Westerly Hotel & Convention Centre.
WinterBites Festival concert tickets can be purchased separately or in combination with accommodation or a Mount Washington Alpine Resort Ski and Stay package.
People can also enter the Sweepstakes to win a WinterBites Weekend Away, which includes includes one night’s accommodation for two, two concert tickets and two lift passes to Mount Washington Alpine Resort. The Sweepstakes is open until Dec. 3.
The festival is a partnership of Vancouver Island MusicFest, Comox Valley Airport, Mount Washington Alpine Resort and Vancouver Island Newspaper Group along with venue sponsors including Comox Valley Minor Hockey Association, Old House Village Hotel & Spa, and Crown Isle Resort & Golf Community. Transportation will be provided exclusively by Ambassador Shuttle.
For more information and to purchase tickets for the Vancouver Island WinterBites Festival, visit www.winterbitesfestival.com or call 1-855-400-2882. You can also join the conversation using #CVWinterBites on Facebook or Twitter.
— Vancouver Island WinterBites Festival