• Report of a break, enter and theft was reported Aug. 9 by a resident on the 4300 block of Marsden Road in Courtenay. The thief entered the house and stole a small quantity of jewelry and a dog. The dog was later located at the thief’s house and charges are pending.
• A report of a break, enter and theft was received from a resident on Chelsea Road on Aug. 9. It is reported that the thief entered the residence and stole a TV, a Mac iBook, a camera and a Rolex watch valued at $15,000. This crime is still under investigation.
• A theft of a $3,000 mountain bike was reported by the owner on Aug. 10. The theft occurred on Fourth Street in Courtenay.
• On Aug. 11 the Comox Valley RCMP were called to a fight at the Buckley Bay Petro Canada on the Old Island Highway. Through investigation it was learned that a male had entered the store and stolen some items and was confronted by store staff in the parking lot and this was the call reported. Upon attendance it was learned the suspect fled and was hiding in the bushes near the store. The RCMP police service dog attended and the suspect was taken into
custody. The male was arrested and charged and also found to have outstanding warrants. This male has been held in
• In the early morning hours on Aug. 11 a break, enter and theft took place at Northern Rope & Industrial Supply at 295 Puntledge Rd. in Courtenay. The thief gained entry by smashing a window in the building. During this break-in the thief suffered a cut to a hand or arm, as blood was evident at the scene. This investigation is continuing.
• Report of a break, enter and theft in the 6200 block of Dunboyne Road in Courtenay. The thief entered the home through the
unlocked front door and stole two laptop computers, a jewelry box and contents, and an X-Box game box.
• Courtenay Car Care located on the Old Island Highway reports the theft of two scrap autos from their parking lot on Aug. 8. The two vehicles are described as a 1980s black SAAB 900 four-door sedan and a 1975 grey Chev station wagon.
• A stolen vehicle was reported on Aug. 12 by the registered owner. The vehicle is described as a Red 1989 GMC pickup truck bearing licence number CH0108. The vehicle was parked at the intersection of Hamm Road and Highway 19 when it was stolen.
• On Aug. 15 a report was received of a theft of a 1981 brown Ford pickup truck from the intersection of Hamm Road and Highway 19 in the Black Creek area. The truck was stolen between 5:45 and 5:19 p.m.