The holiday season often brings families together to share laughs, exchange gifts, and enjoy festive cheer. For some, however, the holiday season can bring stress, sadness and tension. This year, without doubt, has been a year with increased stress for everyone due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
“Our social gatherings have been cancelled, there are family members we cannot see, and our personal finances might be stretched thin right now,” said Const. Keeley Deley, Special Victims Unit, Comox Valley RCMP. “We want residents to know that our work never stops – there are always people available to help.”
The Special Victims Unit wants to remind residents that help and support are available over the holidays to assist people dealing with crisis.
The following services are available in the Comox Valley:
– The Crisis line at the Lilli House, 250-338-1227 (24hrs/day, 7 days/week)
– Community Based Victim Services, 250-338-7575 (Monday – Friday)
– Police Based Victim Services, 250-334-5979 (24hrs/day, 7 days/week)
– Local RCMP Detachment, 250-338-1321 (non-emergency calls)
– Call 911 in case of an emergency (24hrs/day, 7 days/week)
The Comox Valley RCMP Special Victims Unit would like to wish everyone a peaceful holiday season.