With Halloween fast approaching, the safety of all especially our little ones is extremely important.
The Comox Valley RCMP will have many extra resources on hand for this busy time of year and with the assistance of many we can ensure safety for all during the festivities.
Safety tips to keep in mind:
• Trick or Treat with family or friends and in familiar neighborhoods.
• Be respectful of private property and don’t cut across yards or driveways.
• Trick or Treaters should be visible to motorists, wearing brightly coloured costumes, reflective markings or carrying a flashlight can all help.
• Wearing makeup instead of a mask helps with visibility, and be sure your costume fits to avoid tripping.
• Use sidewalks and be cautious when crossing roadways. Drivers and pedestrians can be easily distracted with all the excitement.
• Tampering of treats is rare, however children are reminded to have an adult inspect their treats before tasting.
• Drivers are reminded to please slow down and be extra cautious.
• Please be aware that many of our communities strictly prohibit or restrict the use of fireworks.
Please check with your specific area’s regulations for further information.
— Comox Valley RCMP