The only declared candidate for the leadership of the B.C. Conservative Party visits Courtenay on Tuesday to speak about the party’s platform and vision for B.C.
John Cummins will be the special guest speaker at an event that begins at 7 p.m. on the lower level of the Native Sons Hall.
A news release lists the core values of the provincial Conservative Party as:
1. Small, accessible and transparent government;
2. A competitive free enterprise system;
3. Responsible tax reform;
4. Protection of personal property rights;
5. Patient-centred health care;
6. Student-focused education.
7. Balancing environmental and economic issues regarding resource management.
For more information, e-mail the Comox Valley constituency association of the B.C. Conservative Party at firstname.lastname@example.org.