The Mount Washington Ski Club Nancy Greene Ski League is the “FUNdamental” stage of ski racing for children four to 11 years of age.
During this time, athletes are introduced to basic skiing techniques and skills, develop the ABCS (agility, balance, coordination, strength/speed) in as many different snow conditions and terrains as possible and most of all, have fun on skis.
For ages 12-13 (U14) and 14-15 (U16), the program is designed to give young racers an opportunity to develop their racing and skiing skills and progress according with their ability. The U14 program is the first level of alpine ski racing for 12-13 year olds. This is the start of their journey as a competitive skier. The U16 program is for members 14 to 15 years of age who are looking to continue developing their skiing and racing skills.
New this year is the U12 FreeRide Program, meant to give skiers the proper FUNdamentals to be amazing all mountain skiers. Skiers will still spend approximately 50 per cent of the time working on proper skiing FUNdamentals, in and out of the gates, but the other 50 per cent will be designated to testing and improving their free skiing skills in different terrain in all conditions. The U12 FreeRide is offered as a one- or two-day program and is taught by certified CSIA/CSCF coaches.
There are many benefits to membership in the Mount Washington Ski Club, including:
• A minimum of 15 days of professional coaching (1 day/week program) plus several extra days for races
• Group and individual pictures
• Hot lunch program
• Individual season award and awards banquet
• Family use of ski club cabin
• Informal equipment swap/online buy and sell
• Fun social club atmosphere that encourages parent interaction and community building
• Free hot chocolate to help keep kids warm.
Early bird registration is on with discounts for families that register before Oct. 15. Visit us at www.mtwashingtonskiclub.com for information and to register now.
– Mount Washington Ski Club