The Aboriginal Sport, Recreation and Physical Activity Partners Council (Partners Council) is seeking qualified aboriginal hockey coaches from across B.C. to serve on the Team BC Coaching Staff for the 2017 National Aboriginal Hockey Championships (NAHC). The 2017 NAHC will be hosted in Penticton, British Columbia.
Applications for the head coach and assistant coach positions for both the female and male teams are now being accepted. The successful candidates for these volunteer positions will be selected by the Provincial Aboriginal Hockey Committee.
• The coaching staff will consist of one head coach, two assistant coaches, and one team manager for each the male and the female teams.
• Only those coaches eligible to be a registered member with BC Hockey or another Hockey Canada branch are eligible to apply for a coach position.
• Head coaches must possess a minimum of Intermediate and/or Developmental 1 Certification. Assistant coaches must possess a minimum of Coach Level and/or Coach Stream Certification.
• Pass a criminal record and vulnerable sector check.
• Female team coaching staff to consist of at least two female coaches.
• Must be available to attend the three-day Team BC Player Selection Camp to be held in late March or early April 2017. Must be available to attend the 2017 NAHC.
Applications will be accepted until 4 p.m. (PST), Friday, Oct. 14. To apply, complete the online application found at: https://aboriginalsportbc.wufoo.eu/forms/team-bc-2017-nahc-coach-application