With record snowfall and increased registration, the Mt. Washington Ski Club is kicking off another fantastic season of fun in the snow.
The club’s Nancy Greene Ski League is the “FUNdamental” stage of ski racing for children four to 11 years of age (U10 and U12). During this time athletes are introduced to basic skiing techniques and skills, develop the ABC’S (agility, balance, coordination, strength /speed) in as many different snow conditions and terrains as possible and most of all, have fun on skis,
For ages 12-13 (U14) and 14-15 (U16) the program is designed to give young racers an opportunity to develop their racing and skiing skills and progress according with their ability.
The U14 program is the first level of alpine ski racing for 12-13 year olds. This is the start of their journey as a competitive skier.
The U16 program is for members 14 to 15 years of age who are looking to continue developing their skiing and racing skills. There are many benefits to membership in the Mount Washington Ski Club, including:
• A minimum of 15 days of professional coaching (one day/week program) plus several extra days for races
• National seven-step skill awards program for U10/U12
• Group and individual pictures
• Individual season award and awards banquet
• Family use of ski club cabin
• Informal equipment swap
• Fun social club atmosphere that encourages parent interaction and community building
• Sweet learning aids (treats)
• Free hot chocolate to help keep kids warm
There will be several opportunities for athletes to participate in races this year including the Sun Peaks Festival, two local races for our U10/U12 athletes and the Coast Zone Finals. There will also be races for the 14-16 year olds.
Whether you are interested in learning the basics or want to come out and watch some excellent youth skiers in action, the Mt. Washington Ski Club is the place for you. Visit us at www.mtwashingtonskiclub.com for information.
– Mt. Washington Ski Club