The Aboriginal Sport, Recreation and Physical Activity Partners Council (Partners Council) has announced that registration is now open for its Player Selection Camp for Team BC’s participation in the 2015 National Aboriginal Hockey Championships (NAHC). The Team BC Player Selection Camp will be held March 27-29 at the Valleyview Arena in Kamloops.
Team BC coaching staff will evaluate players at this three-day camp to select the province’s top 20 male and top 20 female hockey players to represent British Columbia at the 2015 NAHC held April 26 to May 2 in Halifax.
Players must meet the following criteria to be eligible to participate in the camp:
• Male: Bantam or Midget age as of 2014/15 competitive season (born 1997 to 2001)
• Female: Bantam or Midget age as of 2014/15 competitive season (born 1997 to 2001) and those born 1995 or 1996 as the female team can carry up to a maximum of three (3) overage players
• Resident of British Columbia and of Aboriginal ancestry
• Registered with BC Hockey or another Hockey Canada Branch (Players not currently registered with BC Hockey can renew their membership for an additional fee as part of the camp registration).
The camp registration fee per player is $120, which includes a Team BC Selection Camp jersey. Pre-registration is required. Registration is accepted online at www.teambcnahc.com from now through to midnight, Monday, March 16.
The NAHC is the premier forum for elite bantam/midget-age aboriginal hockey players from across Canada. It is the only annual national event that showcases and celebrates the athletic abilities of aboriginal hockey players from across the country, and aids in fostering cultural unity and pride.
Team BC is represented by two teams, one male and one female, featuring the top aboriginal players from across the province.
– National Aboriginal Hockey Championships