The VIPL Riptide has announced that each of their eight teams have qualified for the semifinals of the A-Cup playoffs this weekend.
“In fact, seven of the teams will have home field advantage this coming weekend based on the fact that each of these teams either placed first or second in the league,” a spokesperson said.
“The VIPL Riptide program staff are proud of the efforts of the entire organization, which continues to grow and evolve both on and of the field. The measure of success comes not only in the positive results we have enjoyed to date as a program, but also in the fact that we now have players graduating to post-secondary educational pursuits and receiving soccer scholarships.”
There will be several exciting games played in both Courtenay and Campbell River as the Riptide teams pursue advancing to the finals the following weekend. In the event any of the teams advance to the finals on the weekend of March 5-6, the teams would then be competing for a spot in the BCSA A-Cup Provincial Championship.
Game times and locations for Saturday, Feb. 27:
• U14 Riptide Girls vs. Saanich/Prospect Lake 12 p.m. at Vanier Turf
• U15 Riptide Girls vs. Saanich/Prospect Lake 2 p.m. Robron Turf
• U16 Riptide Girls vs. Saanich/Prospect Lake 2 p.m. Vanier Turf
Game times and locations for Sunday, Feb. 28:
• U14 Riptide Boys vs. Bays/Peninsula 12 p.m. Robron Turf
• U15 Riptide Boys vs. Bays/Peninsula 2 p.m. Robron Turf
• U16 Riptide Boys vs. Saanich/Prospect Lake TBD
• U18 Riptide Boys vs. Saanich/Prospect Lake 2:30 p.m. Vanier Turf
• U18 Riptide Girls vs. Saanich/Prospect Lake 12 p.m. Vanier Turf