One of the province’s most renowned experts on death and dying will be sharing her stories and offering her keen perspective on this difficult topic to residents of the Valley.
Barbara Morningstar will speak at North Island College’s Stan Hagen Theatre Thursday, May 2 at 7 p.m.
Morningstar’s 20 years in hospice care and the death of her husband to cancer inspired the writing of her newly released book, Honoring the Mystery; Uplifting Insights from the Language, Visions, and Dreams of the Dying.
The book and presentation is aimed at individuals who are:
• supporting someone who is dying;
• facing their own mortality through illness and a life-limiting prognosis;
• grieving the death of someone you love;
• health professionals working with the dying and bereaved;
• wanting to learn more about what the dying process is actually like.
Morningstar will share her experiences with countless patients transitioning at the end of life and will address how family or friends experience the passing of their loved one, often in profound and mysterious ways.
The event will include a book-signing portion, at 9 p.m.