The Black Creek Community Association (BCCA) offers a new season of classes for you and your family this winter.
Winter season officially begins next week. Watch for the following classes that are scheduled to start:
• Messy Monkeys Craft Class begins on Monday, Jan. 10, from 11:15 a.m. to noon. This class is suitable for ages two to five and will allow kids to get their hands dirty while exploring new textures through fun crafts.
• Introduction To Watercolour Art Classes are scheduled to begin on Wednesday, Jan. 12, from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Join local artist Lesley Rieck, who will take participants through the steps of a basic picture layout to which colour will be applied.
• An Introduction To Weight Training Class begins on Tuesday, Jan. 11, from 10 to 11 a.m. Learn the principles of weight training including the importance of warm-up, cool-down and the FIT principle.
• Kid Fit begins on Tuesday, Jan. 11, from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. This class, suitable for ages six to 11, is aimed at getting children moving in a fun way. It is a physically active class with games organized towards energizing youth.
• Two dance classes are offered at the Black Creek Community Centre this winter beginning on Friday, Jan. 14. Single Time Swing (East Coast) is scheduled to run from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., while Argentine Tango (Tango Fusion) will run from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Some of BCCA’s returning classes also begin next week — Aikido and Kripalu Yoga (all levels) on Monday, Jan. 10; Kripalu Yoga (Basics) and Evening Energizer on Tuesday, Jan. 11; Tai Chi on Wednesday, Jan. 12; Iyengar Yoga 50+ on Thursday, Jan. 13; and Parent and Peanut Playgroup and Boxerfit on Friday, Jan. 14.
The BCCA Winter 2011 Activity Guide is available. If you would like a copy, contact the office. The guide is also available online at www.bccaonline.ca.
For more information on class registration, fees and required materials, call the BCCA office at 250-337-5190. — Black Creek