We have had numerous requests to post a fluid article directing consumers to essential service retailers that are open, and in particular, that have special hours for seniors and other vulnerable residents, or are delivering goods to homes during the COVID-19 self-isolation/quarantine period.
Thrifty Foods. (1551 Cliffe Ave., Courtenay; 444 Lerwick Rd., Courtenay).
• Regular store hours: 8 a.m.-8 p.m. daily
• Golden hour (for seniors and those with compromised immune systems) 7 a.m.-8 a.m.
Quality Foods (Driftwood Mall, Courtenay; 2275 Guthrie Rd., Comox)
• Regular store hours: 9 a.m.-9 p.m. daily for general public.
• 7-9 a.m. for seniors and other customers who are vulnerable and require a little extra space for a variety of reasons.
• Delivery service continues, and online shopping available.
• Protective shields to be installed at all service checkouts.
Edible Island Whole Foods Market (477 – 6th St., Courtenay)
• New temporary store hours: 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday to Saturday. Closed Sunday.
• Free home delivery service called Karma Drops. Volunteers pick your order and drop it off at your house. Email: email@example.com
Superstore (757 Ryan Rd., Courtenay)
• Store hours: 8 a.m.-8 p.m. daily for general public.
• Delivery service available.
Seeds Food Market (2733A Dunsmuir Ave., Cumberland)
• Store hours: 8:30-10 a.m. daily for seniors/vulnerable shoppers; 10 a.m.-6 p.m. for everyone else.
• Online ordering and delivery available: www.seedsfoodmarket.ca
Johns Your Independent Grocer (Comox Centre Mall)
• Store hours: 7-8 a.m. daily for seniors; 8 a.m.-8 p.m. for everyone else.
• Online ordering available.
London Drugs (Driftwood Mall, Courtenay)
• Store hours: 8 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday to Friday, 9 a.m.-9 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday.
• First hour exclusively for seniors and the vulnerable (Monday-Friday).
• Healthcare workers and first Responders will have exclusive store access 8-9 p.m. Monday to Saturday, and 7–8 p.m. Sunday.
• Pharmacy hours: Monday to Friday: 8 a.m.–7 p.m. (first hour for seniors and the vulnerable). Saturday: 9 a.m.–7 p.m. Sunday: 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
Shoppers Drug Mart (310 8th St., Courtenay; 1966 Guthrie Rd., Comox)
• Store hours: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. every day (Comox); 8 a.m.-9 p.m. Courtenay.
• First opening hour dedicated to customers who need assistance or consideration, including seniors and people living with disabilities.
• Can arrange for free home delivery of medication.
Runge’s Deli. (347 4th Street, Courtenay 250-338-8621)
• Store hours: 9 a.m.- 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
• Free delivery to Courtenay, Comox, Cumberland and north to Black Creek
Local Refillery. (420 Fitzgerald Ave., formerly Broken Spoke)
• Planet-friendly grocer, offering front door ordering, pick service, online ordering and delivery service. “We have closed our doors to the public but happily pack orders for anyone who wants local organic food, planet-friendly cleaning and beauty products and so much more.” Visit https://www.localrefillery.com/ for more details.
Woofy’s Pet Foods.
Woofy’s delivers free every day. Effective immediately, Woofy’s will only be offering call-in or email orders for pick-up or delivery. Credit or tap is preferred but cash is still accepted.
For a delivery or pickup order please call one of the following stores during the days and times stated for each store.
Cliffe Ave: Sunday-Saturday 9 a.m.-5 p.m. ~ firstname.lastname@example.org (reply by next day) 250-338-0455 or 250-871-0455 or 250-200-1217
Ryan Road: Sunday-Saturday noon-7 p.m. ~ email@example.com (reply by next day) 250-338-0424 or 250-200-0301
Comox Mall: Monday-Saturday 10 a.m.-3 p.m. ~ firstname.lastname@example.org (reply by next day) 250-339-2272 or 250-217-3047
Willow Point: Tuesday-Saturday 10 a.m.-3 p.m. ~ email@example.com (reply by next day). 250-923-5881 or 250-200-0271