You won’t want to miss a fun and informative day at Lake Trail Community School this Saturday.
You can learn about Lake Trail Neighbourhood Connections (LTNC) and some of the classes and workshops it will offer at the school for folks of all ages, beginning in January 2012.
The Sampler Day will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Lake Trail School (805 Willemar Ave.) in Courtenay. Here’s the day’s program:
10:30 a.m. until all is eaten – Cooking: Sheila McDonnell’s Pie Making 101 in Home Ec Room;
11 to noon – Community Yoga Session with Debbie Leone (Room 102); bring your own yoga mat and blanket;
11 to noon – Little Ladybug Kids Yoga (ages 6 to 11) with Suzanne Bryant (Room 101);
11 to 2 – Arts: Bob Cossar Photography Demo and Display;
11 to 11:30 – Tech: Microsoft Office Overview by Shawn Honeychurch (Computer Lab);
11:45 to 12:15 – Gardening Demo by Elaine Coddling (Room 103);
12:30 to 1 – Tech: What Google Can Do For You by Kathy Birkett (Computer Lab);
1:15 to 1:45 – Tech: Social Media & Its Impact by Kathy Birkett (Computer Lab);
12:30 to 1:30 – Hooping Demonstration by Tracey Mantha of Island Hula Hoopla (Drama Room);
1:30 — Family Hike from Lake Trail School led by Andrew Nicoll;
1:30 to 2 – Drumming Demo by Monica Hofer (Drama Room).
Throughout the day:
• Additional displays of upcoming classes like self-employment, creative writing, preserves, mother and daughter belly dancing and a medicine wheel workshop;
• Various displays by Lake Trail Neighbourhood Connection’s partner organizations and initiatives;
• Make a cool Xmas craft out of recycled cards to take home;
• Kids hands-on activities;
• Check out the school’s facilities and community gardens;
• Snacks created by Wain Jarvis (Caribbean Cabana).
For more information, contact Angela Konkin, LTNC’s project co-ordinator at 250-334-3168 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
— Lake Trail Neighbourhood Connections