World Food Week Comox Valley events continue this Thursday through Saturday.
• From 4 to 6, families can stop in at the first Bean Festival at Lake Trail School. There will be beans to trade, beans to share and beans to eat! Learn about this important vegetarian protein that we can grow right here in the Comox Valley. This event is presented by the Comox Valley Seed Savers and Growers and Lake Trail Neighbourhood Connections.
• Stop by Union Street Grotto from 5 to 7 for Green Drinks.
• The Zocalo Café hosts a 10×10 Idea Café featuring ideas, innovations and inspirations to address local and global food security issues, starting at 7.
• Doors open at 5 p.m. at the Filberg Centre for a local Food Security Showcase featuring local community organizations working on a variety of food security issues. Come by for a coffee or tea before the presentation and find out more about activities and projects taking place in our own community.
• All are welcome for a special public presentation from former Vancouver City councillor Peter Ladner called The Urban Food Revolution: Changing the Way We Feed Cities at 7 p.m. at the Florence Filberg Centre.
• Be sure to take part in the Meet Your Maker tours at the last outdoor Comox Valley Farmers’ Market of the year at the Comox Valley Exhibition Grounds. Join Market Manager Vickey Brown for a tour of the vendors and find out more about the amazing and unique stories of these hard-working local farmers.
For more information, see there World Food Week Comox Valley Facebook page.
— World Food Week Comox Valley